This companies main revenue source is derived from the repair services and additional products they provide to the commercial and residential business.
The technicians are required to repair items, keep track of replacement products issued to the customers, collect signatures, take images of the issues found, advise the next technician to onsite of the job requirements and what they foresee the next technician will be required to complete.
The challenge for this solution was that there would be up to 3 job visits, each job visit containing data that would need to be passed from one technician to another, without any phone or email communication.
In the case, we used Apex trigger in conjunction with Skedulo and a custom Visualforce page to send the user to the Skedulo Web Browser for scheduling.
We used standard and custom fields created in Salesforce and Skedulo to capture some of the following data:
- Products used
- WHS issues identified or not
- Signature Collected
- Marketing Questions answered
- Contact Details checked and updated
- Images of site collected
- Any expenses
There was a two-way sync with different trigger points between Skedulo and Salesforce allowing the data to flow back and forth.
Integrating the case with Skedulo enabled the client to automate communication between their field technicians and administration staff, reduce the paperwork created from each job, have a live status update running on each job/case for an enriched customer service and communication experience.
||Case, Skedulo Job, Product, Pricebook, Pricebook Entry
This company earns their revenues through providing services and lab products.
Currently, all the product details e.g selling prices, promo prices are stored in different external systems. These details are not available in Salesforce.
The sales team will need to manually check for product details – product prices from different systems before adding them into the Salesforce quote. This is causing a massive backlog in the quoting process and the company is looking for a solution to expedite the process.
- User is going to propose Product A.
- The user logs in to system A to check for the selling price for Product A.
- Then, the user logs in to system B to check for the promo price (if any) for Product A.
- Once confirmed, the user includes Product A as line item in the quote.
- Create a custom page in Salesforce that allows user to search for the products.
- Using integration and web service calls, allow user to search for the prices of the selected products from both systems through the same custom page in Salesforce.
- From the price search results, user can proceed by creating a quote and and quote line items.
||Product, Pricebook, Pricebook Entry, Opportunity, Opportunity Product, Quote, Quote Line Item
Web Service Calls base code generated via WSDL2Apex then further modified to suit the need.
Challenge encountered as the initial WSDL file was not compliant with WSDL2Apex requirement and necessitated adjustment before it can be parsed by WSDL2Apex.
Customer uses Salesforce to track sales opportunities and Saasu as their accounting system. The customer requires a quick solution to sync Contact and Opportunity data from Salesforce to Saasu Contacts and Invoices.
Provide on-demand invoice creation and contact synchronization by clicking on a button in Contact or Opportunity page.
||Contact, Opportunity and Opportunity Line Item