Following on from our earlier blog on Outlook integration, lets take a look at the latest email solution from Salesforce, Salesforce IQ Inbox.
With a load of new features , Inbox sync emails to Salesforce from:
- Outlook Web App
Note: Need a Calendar sync? Salesforce Inbox doesn’t support calendar sync yet, you should consider using Lightning Sync.
Enhanced features that will speed up your work day:
- Automatically builds and displays a customer’s profile on Salesforce through Inbox using CRM, Twitter and LinkedIn.
- Ability to create Opportunities/Lead’s through Inbox.
- Advance scheduling capabilities – To book appointments with customers, Inbox allows you to send through your blank calendar appointments for the customer to arrange a meeting.
- If a time slot get booked before a customer has replied to your email, Inbox will update the customer’s email times on the sent email.
- Einstein Activity Capture:
- Every email and calendar event you create will automatically link to customer’s record on Salesforce.
- Activity Share Settings:
- Define the Salesforce users that can view your email(s) that have been added to a customer records.
- Salesforce Email templates are accessible through Inbox.
Features available for iOS and Android mobile phones:
- Ability to view where, when and how many times an email has been viewed by a customer.
- Ended phone calls will prompt an automatic call log to be recorded.
- A recommended list of relevant records for review before customer meetings.
- Ability to Closed Won an Opportunity.
To use Salesforce Inbox, you will require a special license, known as Inbox license. You can purchase it separately in your Salesforce subscription, check with your Salesforce Rep for the latest pricing.
Not sure if you have the license? Go to your Setup > Company Profile > Company Information > Permission Set Licenses. If Inbox is visible, you have the license.
Got the license? Yes, then let’s proceed to configure.
Start by enabling the Permission Set License Assignment for each user and create a specific Permission Set and assign to designated users.
- Go to Set up > Users > User List > Permission Set License Assignment > Edit Assignment > Inbox access to Inbox enable.
- Next step is to create a new Permission Set. Go to Permission Set > Create new Permission Set > Set License as Inbox.
- In Permission set, select App Permission and enable ‘Use Automated Activity Capture’ and ‘Use Inbox’.
- Lastly, you will need to assign this permission to all users.
- Once completed, you can follow the steps listed here to setup email extensions.
For further details, you can also refer to this documentation guide.
Ignoring the lack of a calendar sync, Inbox has a great list of functionality, test it out to see if it speeds up your customer engagement.
RIO Inventory for Salesforce has a load of features to manage your inventory levels. Checkout this video to see some of the features in action.
Want to know more? Take a look at the product documentation, the Appexchange listing or contact us at email@example.com for more info.
With so many options available, how do you make a decision on the right way to connect Outlook and Salesforce. Here’s some tips to help you in that process.
We’ll start with functionality that doesn’t require additional licensing:
- Email to Salesforce allows any outbound email from any email client to send a copy to Salesforce:
- Each SF user has their own unique address that they cc in the outbound email
- Salesforce consumes the email and applies filters based on each SF user’s configuration setting
- Email only, email technology agnostic
- Provides a solution to tablet users, utilising a tablet email client as this is simply another email address they are copying on outbound emails
- Often used in conjunction with one of the methods below
- Client side using Salesforce supplied desktop add-in, supports older releases of Outlook clients:
- Salesforce for Outlook v4.1 – https://help.salesforce.com/articleView?id=000113374&language=en_US&type=3 & http://resources.docs.salesforce.com/208/20/en-us/sfdc/pdf/sfo_getting_started_guide.pdf
- Requires each user to install the software on their client machine running Outlook
- Client is downloaded from Salesforce
- Configuration for what is sync’d is controlled in Salesforce.
- Email sync is manual at the client.
- Tasks and Events can be sync’d in the background
- Passive sync – data is synchronised when that email client is fired up on each user’s computer
- Client side using Microsoft supplied desktop add-in:
- Lightning for Outlook (+ Enhanced Email for Lightning for Outlook)
- Outlook Clients must support add-ins (Outlook 2013/2016 and Outlook web app)
- Email only, for Contacts and Events sync, see Lightning Sync
- Enhanced setting allows for Emails to be stored in their own related list in Salesforce – if not enabled emails are added as Tasks
- Server side:
- Lightning Sync:
- Works in conjunction with Lightning for Outlook
- Connect via OAuth 2.0 or Service Accoun
- Supported versions are Exchange 2013 (Service Pack 1), 2016 and Exchange online
- Background, server based sync of Contacts and Events:
- Contacts – both directions
- Events from Exchange -> SF only
- No support for recurring events
- Sync preferences are configured inside Salesforce and users are assigned to the configuration(s)
- Appexchange App:
- A large list of Appexchange solutions are available, these existed prior to the Lightning functionality described above
- If using any Terminal Server environment one of these can be used
- Two such solutions are:
If you want to purchase additional licensing, consider Salesforce Inbox, we’ll cover that in a different blog.
You asked for it and we’ve delivered! RIO Inventory for Salesforce v4.1 has been released with Kit/Combo capabilities. You can create Kits of a Combo or Assembled type, so whether you’re selling drum kits or baking cookies we have the solution for you.
This feature will allow you to create, assemble and return products to a Kit from Inventory on hand. As expected it works with standard Salesforce Products so you can continue to use all the existing features with minimal changes.
To view more on the new Kits feature, check out our release notes in the RIO Inventory documentation here.
Want some help setting it up? No problem, just contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll assist.
Stramit Building Products, part of Fletcher Building is a major Australian manufacturer of roll-formed steel building products, including roof and wall cladding, guttering, fascia, purlins, flooring and structural formwork.
These products, along with complementary products and services, are delivered through a nationwide network of manufacturing and distribution centres, strategically located to ensure coverage of major metropolitan and regional markets.
Up to date project data is key to driving pipeline and focus. Prior to implementing this solution, Stramit was dealing with:
- 4 staff working full-time to parse BCI data manually
- Routing 1000-3000 projects a week to sales teams
- Information overload
- No ability to filter quality project data
- No ability to link architects and engineers to the multiple projects they are working with
Stramit, as a long-term user of the Salesforce platform, looked to Salesforce to be the application to host the BCI project data. A design was needed that enabled the data to be captured but also filtered and assigned to the correct parties within Stramit.
Stramit chose WDCi as the implementation partner to plan, customise and deploy the solution as well as make recommendations for tweaks in future releases. Together we designed and released a successful automation process that included the following key features:
- Integration between BCI and Salesforce
- Using Dell Boomi to automate the import of BCI project data
- Automations in Salesforce to filter this data and route filtered data to the right people
- Alerts and notifications based on the automations that filter the data
- Dashboards and reports to monitor the pipeline data
- Staff freed up to do more productive tasks
- Timeliness of information
- Staff are up to date on what they need to work on
Paul Hahn, National Sales Manager, noted that “This integration between BCI and Salesforce has enabled us to consume large quantities of data efficiently, driving the right activities in our team to grow our pipeline. WDCi has partnered with us to deliver a solution we understand and can tweak ourselves as we make adjustments to our business focus. It works brilliantly.”
With RIO Inventory you can now scan SKU and Serial Products with a Barcode Scanner. This is a great new future that will save you time managing your inventory levels.
Check out our documentation for details and an explanation on how it works. We have added a new ‘How to Use’ guide which can be found here.
Thanks Bulk&Cofor a great review – welcome onboard Carolin and the team, we appreciate your review and look forward to working with you. From Australia to France, using Salesforce as our platform we managed to work through any issues and get you up and running.
How cool is that!
Health is important for all humans and also for your IT system’s! Keeping your IT system’s healthy helps in sustaining a better business. For example, Salesforce being your company’s CRM system.
Keeping Salesforce healthy helps you access your customer information in a smother and safer environment.
As such, we’ve recently helped our customer to perform a health check against their existing Salesforce instance which have operated for at least 3 years.
Some of the highlights of the health check scope includes:
- Salesforce very own security health check
- Scanning apex code/s within the Salesforce instance
- Monitor Salesforce API request limit
- And much more
It is recommended to health check your system at least on a yearly basis, similar to your yearly body checkup as well.
If you value your Salesforce instance as much as you value your own health, feel free to contact us for help you with your Salesforce health check.
Thanks to Jason and the team at Blue Earth Labs for their recent review of RIO Inventory.Great to have you as a customer and even better that the solution is working for you.