Following on from our earlier blog on Outlook integration, lets take a look at the latest email solution from Salesforce, Salesforce IQ Inbox.
With a load of new features , Inbox sync emails to Salesforce from:
- Outlook Web App
Note: Need a Calendar sync? Salesforce Inbox doesn’t support calendar sync yet, you should consider using Lightning Sync.
Enhanced features that will speed up your work day:
- Automatically builds and displays a customer’s profile on Salesforce through Inbox using CRM, Twitter and LinkedIn.
- Ability to create Opportunities/Lead’s through Inbox.
- Advance scheduling capabilities – To book appointments with customers, Inbox allows you to send through your blank calendar appointments for the customer to arrange a meeting.
- If a time slot get booked before a customer has replied to your email, Inbox will update the customer’s email times on the sent email.
- Einstein Activity Capture:
- Every email and calendar event you create will automatically link to customer’s record on Salesforce.
- Activity Share Settings:
- Define the Salesforce users that can view your email(s) that have been added to a customer records.
- Salesforce Email templates are accessible through Inbox.
Features available for iOS and Android mobile phones:
- Ability to view where, when and how many times an email has been viewed by a customer.
- Ended phone calls will prompt an automatic call log to be recorded.
- A recommended list of relevant records for review before customer meetings.
- Ability to Closed Won an Opportunity.
To use Salesforce Inbox, you will require a special license, known as Inbox license. You can purchase it separately in your Salesforce subscription, check with your Salesforce Rep for the latest pricing.
Not sure if you have the license? Go to your Setup > Company Profile > Company Information > Permission Set Licenses. If Inbox is visible, you have the license.
Got the license? Yes, then let’s proceed to configure.
Start by enabling the Permission Set License Assignment for each user and create a specific Permission Set and assign to designated users.
- Go to Set up > Users > User List > Permission Set License Assignment > Edit Assignment > Inbox access to Inbox enable.
- Next step is to create a new Permission Set. Go to Permission Set > Create new Permission Set > Set License as Inbox.
- In Permission set, select App Permission and enable ‘Use Automated Activity Capture’ and ‘Use Inbox’.
- Lastly, you will need to assign this permission to all users.
- Once completed, you can follow the steps listed here to setup email extensions.
For further details, you can also refer to this documentation guide.
Ignoring the lack of a calendar sync, Inbox has a great list of functionality, test it out to see if it speeds up your customer engagement.