If you are wondering how you can create recurring tasks in Salesforce Lightning, here is how:
Before you can create recurring tasks, you or your Salesforce admin may need to check if the feature is enabled:
Enable Delete & View Series
- In Lightning, go to Setup > Edit Object and Fields > Object Manager > Task
- Under Page Layout section > Click into Task Layout
- Make sure that ‘Delete Series’ & ‘View Series’ is displaying under ‘Salesforce 1 and Lightning Experience Actions’
Display Recurring Fields
- In Task Page Layout, make sure to display the following fields: Create Recurring Series of Tasks, Recurrence Interval and Repeat This Task.
Once above is enabled, you will be able to create recurring tasks.
What is View & Delete Series?
View Series is the detail page of the task.
Delete Series allows you to delete the task and all the following recurring tasks.
Note: In order to use Delete Series, you will need to first go to ‘View Series’.
The main business requirement for the aged care facility was streamlining all the information to a single point of data entry as well as providing transparent updates to the residents. Optimal care of the resident is enhanced when all data is stored in a single system.
Data such as medical records, progressive monitoring and the sharing of social updates as well as picture sharing among family members accessible via mobile.
Ability to grow as the facility increased the number of residents. The ability to provide a secure data store with access restricted based on users and information type.
- Gather all data and understand the origin and process involved
- Design the data model and to ensure a single point of data but ensure that security will not be compromised
- Leverage Salesforce Customer Community to provide updates on the residents to family members
||Lead, Account (Person), Contact, Other Custom Objects
||Data modelling, Customer Community, Visualforce Page, Apex Trigger
In the spring’15 release, Salesforce introduced Middle Name and Suffix under the Contact object to avoid confusion between two records with the same first name and last name. To turn on this feature, you will need to contact Salesforce support. Both fields also supports data import.
For further details, check out the release notes for Spring’15.
Problem: If you are trying to import data into middle name field but somehow the field is not showing in your data loader mapping list. What should you do?
- If you are using apex data loader, make sure that your data loader version is the latest. The field will not show in older version.
- Make sure that the field is available in Salesforce. If you are using Professional edition, make sure that it is displayed in the layout.
- If above method does not work, try using any 3rd party import tool. ie: dataloader.io.
Salesforce allows us to create feed-based page layout on Leads, Account, Contact, Opportunity & custom objects. See this documentation for more information – https://help.salesforce.com/HTViewHelpDoc?id=create_feed_based_layouts.htm&language=en_US
However, once feed-based page layout is enabled, you are no longer able to revert it back to the normal page layout view. However, You can try below workaround:
- Create a new page layout
- Choose existing page layout (the feed-based layout)
- Do not check the feed-based check box
Once new page layout is created, remember to assign the page layout to profiles & record types.
Question: Imagine that you have a custom email field name – ‘Secondary Email Address’. When sending an email to a Contact, can you send it to the secondary email address instead of the Contact email address?
Answer: Yes, you can. When sending out an email, you should be able to choose whether if you would like to send it to the primary email address or any other email addresses. For example:
NOTE!: This feature is available for Contact & Person Account. It is not available for Account or Opportunity.
Usually after a record is being deleted, it will be stored in the recycle bin for 15 days. These records are being recognised by a checkbox field called IsDeleted. When a record is being deleted, this checkbox will automatically be checked.
Question: Can we update the IsDeleted checkbox to True?
Aparently this checkbox is made READ ONLY. So how can we restore records from the recycle bin?
WARNING: You will not be able to restore any records if they are being HARD DELETED.
Method #1: Manual restore
If you only have a few data, suggest that you restore them manually. Simple go to Home -> Recycle Bin, select the records that you would like to restore and click on ‘Undlete’ button.
* Once records are restored, any child tied to these records will also be restored.
Method #2: Developer Console
You can try running a few lines of codes in the developer console. Depending on the scenario, you can program the code to restore based on different condition.
For example: Restore all Account where Isdeleted = TRUE and Created Date = TODAY().
Method #3: Re-importing deleted records
You can use Apex Data Loader to export all deleted data and re-import them. Apex Data Loader ‘Export All’ allows you to export ALL data including any soft deleted data (in recycle bin).
*This will not restore any child records as this method is as if you are re-importing all the data from scratch.*
Method #4: Workbench
You can also try Salesforce Workbench where it can query all deleted records and undelete them straight from Workbench.