RIO Inventory for Salesforce has a load of features to manage your inventory levels. Checkout this video to see some of the features in action.
For Higher Education providers there is a requirement to report their PIR data on a yearly basis. This is a time consuming exercise requiring many hours of effort.
If you are running or want to run your SMS on the Salesforce platform, we can implement Salesforce to ensure you have all the required data, including capturing:
- Course data for the PCO file
- Student enrolment data for the PSD file
- Staff data for the PSF File
- Course completion data for the PPS file
- Load estimate data for the PLE file
In addition we can export all the required PIR data to a text positioned file so that they can be directly consumed into HEPCAT.
Our expertise in this area will ensure you have a solution that is continually validating your data. We’ll advise you on PIR best practice to ensure reporting time is as painless as possible.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss our experience and how we can help you to meet your PIR reporting in a timely manner and with minimal impact to your organisation.
With so many options available, how do you make a decision on the right way to connect Outlook and Salesforce. Here’s some tips to help you in that process.
We’ll start with functionality that doesn’t require additional licensing:
- Email to Salesforce allows any outbound email from any email client to send a copy to Salesforce:
- Each SF user has their own unique address that they cc in the outbound email
- Salesforce consumes the email and applies filters based on each SF user’s configuration setting
- Email only, email technology agnostic
- Provides a solution to tablet users, utilising a tablet email client as this is simply another email address they are copying on outbound emails
- Often used in conjunction with one of the methods below
- Client side using Salesforce supplied desktop add-in, supports older releases of Outlook clients:
- Salesforce for Outlook v4.1 – https://help.salesforce.com/articleView?id=000113374&language=en_US&type=3 & http://resources.docs.salesforce.com/208/20/en-us/sfdc/pdf/sfo_getting_started_guide.pdf
- Requires each user to install the software on their client machine running Outlook
- Client is downloaded from Salesforce
- Configuration for what is sync’d is controlled in Salesforce.
- Email sync is manual at the client.
- Tasks and Events can be sync’d in the background
- Passive sync – data is synchronised when that email client is fired up on each user’s computer
- Client side using Microsoft supplied desktop add-in:
- Lightning for Outlook (+ Enhanced Email for Lightning for Outlook)
- Outlook Clients must support add-ins (Outlook 2013/2016 and Outlook web app)
- Email only, for Contacts and Events sync, see Lightning Sync
- Enhanced setting allows for Emails to be stored in their own related list in Salesforce – if not enabled emails are added as Tasks
- Server side:
- Lightning Sync:
- Works in conjunction with Lightning for Outlook
- Connect via OAuth 2.0 or Service Accoun
- Supported versions are Exchange 2013 (Service Pack 1), 2016 and Exchange online
- Background, server based sync of Contacts and Events:
- Contacts – both directions
- Events from Exchange -> SF only
- No support for recurring events
- Sync preferences are configured inside Salesforce and users are assigned to the configuration(s)
- Appexchange App:
- A large list of Appexchange solutions are available, these existed prior to the Lightning functionality described above
- If using any Terminal Server environment one of these can be used
- Two such solutions are:
- Lightning Sync:
- Lightning for Outlook (+ Enhanced Email for Lightning for Outlook)
If you want to purchase additional licensing, consider Salesforce Inbox, we’ll cover that in a different blog.
We’re thrilled to be invited by Sunny Coast Productions to sponsor their new SCRAP drama series. We see this as great way to promote our Sunshine Coast region and hopefully entice all you smart people out there to join our cloud software firm in Caloundra, yes you!, send us your applications to email@example.com. The SCRAP team will be pitching their idea at the Demo Day – Tourism, Sport and Leisure next week, good luck guys, you have a great concept! Confused? Checkout the teaser and you’ll get the idea.
Stramit Building Products, part of Fletcher Building is a major Australian manufacturer of roll-formed steel building products, including roof and wall cladding, guttering, fascia, purlins, flooring and structural formwork.
These products, along with complementary products and services, are delivered through a nationwide network of manufacturing and distribution centres, strategically located to ensure coverage of major metropolitan and regional markets.
Up to date project data is key to driving pipeline and focus. Prior to implementing this solution, Stramit was dealing with:
- 4 staff working full-time to parse BCI data manually
- Routing 1000-3000 projects a week to sales teams
- Information overload
- No ability to filter quality project data
- No ability to link architects and engineers to the multiple projects they are working with
Stramit, as a long-term user of the Salesforce platform, looked to Salesforce to be the application to host the BCI project data. A design was needed that enabled the data to be captured but also filtered and assigned to the correct parties within Stramit.
Stramit chose WDCi as the implementation partner to plan, customise and deploy the solution as well as make recommendations for tweaks in future releases. Together we designed and released a successful automation process that included the following key features:
- Integration between BCI and Salesforce
- Using Dell Boomi to automate the import of BCI project data
- Automations in Salesforce to filter this data and route filtered data to the right people
- Alerts and notifications based on the automations that filter the data
- Dashboards and reports to monitor the pipeline data
- Staff freed up to do more productive tasks
- Timeliness of information
- Staff are up to date on what they need to work on
Paul Hahn, National Sales Manager, noted that “This integration between BCI and Salesforce has enabled us to consume large quantities of data efficiently, driving the right activities in our team to grow our pipeline. WDCi has partnered with us to deliver a solution we understand and can tweak ourselves as we make adjustments to our business focus. It works brilliantly.”
Waringa Distribution (http://www.agrispread.com.au/ and http://www.elmersmfg.com) imports, sells and distributes the Agri-Spread range of Spreaders and Elmer’s range of Chaser Bins and Transfer Tracks.
There was a requirement to implement a solution that met the following criteria:
- Ability to retire the excel based and access based solution that was in place.
- A cloud solution accessible from anywhere.
- Ability to track Agri Spreaders and Chaser Bins that are sold by Distributors or sold directly – in multiple countries.
- Ability to track machine level detail, including location and warranty details.
Waringa Distribution chose to implement Salesforce. WDCi was engaged to customise Salesforce to store the above information and provide reporting information on the data in Salesforce.
The recent upgrade to licensing for Professional Edition also allowed for the ability to use record types to segregate sales for AgriSpreaders and Chaser Bins.
The components of the solution were:
- Salesforce Professional Edition.
- Customisations to store detailed Machine and Distributor information.
- The build of a configuration tool to configure the spreader to customer requirements.
- Tracking of orders from manufacturer to consumer.
- Asset information, including the tracking of warranty status for the asset.
- Case management to track warranty issues.
Lyndon Crudeli, General Manager of Waringa Distribution noted that “Implementing Salesforce has enabled Waringa Distribution to continue to expand our business and provide a platform that will enable continuous growth to happen.”
StorageCraft required a custom solution to integrate their unique sales and distribution model in Salesforce to their Quickbooks accounting package.
They knew their requirements didn’t fit anything out-of-the-box but they didn’t want a complex project with a matching price tag either.
The solution provided for the automatic sync of Products and Accounts plus Invoice creation from Opportunities.
This rapid solution has freed them up from hours of manual processing. For more details check out the case study.
Thanks to Richard, Claire and the StorageCraft team for working with us to make this a success.