Following on from our earlier blog on Outlook integration, lets take a look at the latest email solution from Salesforce, Salesforce IQ Inbox.
With a load of new features , Inbox sync emails to Salesforce from:
- Outlook Web App
Note: Need a Calendar sync? Salesforce Inbox doesn’t support calendar sync yet, you should consider using Lightning Sync.
Enhanced features that will speed up your work day:
- Automatically builds and displays a customer’s profile on Salesforce through Inbox using CRM, Twitter and LinkedIn.
- Ability to create Opportunities/Lead’s through Inbox.
- Advance scheduling capabilities – To book appointments with customers, Inbox allows you to send through your blank calendar appointments for the customer to arrange a meeting.
- If a time slot get booked before a customer has replied to your email, Inbox will update the customer’s email times on the sent email.
- Einstein Activity Capture:
- Every email and calendar event you create will automatically link to customer’s record on Salesforce.
- Activity Share Settings:
- Define the Salesforce users that can view your email(s) that have been added to a customer records.
- Salesforce Email templates are accessible through Inbox.
Features available for iOS and Android mobile phones:
- Ability to view where, when and how many times an email has been viewed by a customer.
- Ended phone calls will prompt an automatic call log to be recorded.
- A recommended list of relevant records for review before customer meetings.
- Ability to Closed Won an Opportunity.
To use Salesforce Inbox, you will require a special license, known as Inbox license. You can purchase it separately in your Salesforce subscription, check with your Salesforce Rep for the latest pricing.
Not sure if you have the license? Go to your Setup > Company Profile > Company Information > Permission Set Licenses. If Inbox is visible, you have the license.
Got the license? Yes, then let’s proceed to configure.
Start by enabling the Permission Set License Assignment for each user and create a specific Permission Set and assign to designated users.
- Go to Set up > Users > User List > Permission Set License Assignment > Edit Assignment > Inbox access to Inbox enable.
- Next step is to create a new Permission Set. Go to Permission Set > Create new Permission Set > Set License as Inbox.
- In Permission set, select App Permission and enable ‘Use Automated Activity Capture’ and ‘Use Inbox’.
- Lastly, you will need to assign this permission to all users.
- Once completed, you can follow the steps listed here to setup email extensions.
For further details, you can also refer to this documentation guide.
Ignoring the lack of a calendar sync, Inbox has a great list of functionality, test it out to see if it speeds up your customer engagement.
We are currently in the process of finalizing our new office and patiently awaiting for the final big move. During part one of moving office, we combined our two offices into one. We have taken a few highlights from the move and have added a quick sneak peak. Part two will show our final move into our new office as well as a full office tour!
Meet Zhen Yueh Lean, one of our senior architects.
Lean works out of our Kuala Lumpur office and joined the team as a pioneer in December 2008. Lean is our goto person, with skills covering Salesforce architecture, design, development and configuration. In addition to Salesforce he’s worked extensively with Dell Boomi and Talend.
Tell us about yourself Lean?
What is the best part about working at WDCi?
We have a friendly and helpful working environment.
Troubleshooting and Development.
What’s 1 professional or personal skill you wish you had more of?
How was WDCi grown since you started ?
We have been in the process of transforming ourselves throughout the last 9 years from cloud integration to Salesforce and now to a combination of both and a product company. It has been very exciting to see us evolve and improve.
My first company trip to the Sunshine Coast of Australia, back in 2013.
How hard can it be?
You asked for it and we’ve delivered! RIO Inventory for Salesforce v4.1 has been released with Kit/Combo capabilities. You can create Kits of a Combo or Assembled type, so whether you’re selling drum kits or baking cookies we have the solution for you.
This feature will allow you to create, assemble and return products to a Kit from Inventory on hand. As expected it works with standard Salesforce Products so you can continue to use all the existing features with minimal changes.
To view more on the new Kits feature, check out our release notes in the RIO Inventory documentation here.
Want some help setting it up? No problem, just contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll assist.
It’s that time again, and as always we’re thrilled to sponsor another Caloundra Film Festival movie. This time it’s the French drama ‘A Bag of Marbles‘ – screening for one night only on August 22nd. Hope you can join us at the Caloundra Big Screen Cinema – check out the details here. Hope to see you there.
With RIO Inventory you can now scan SKU and Serial Products with a Barcode Scanner. This is a great new future that will save you time managing your inventory levels.
Check out our documentation for details and an explanation on how it works. We have added a new ‘How to Use’ guide which can be found here.
Caloundra Film Festival will be presenting ‘God Willing’ at the Caloundra Cinemas tonight. It was a #1 smash hit success at the 2015 Lavazza Italian Film Festival. It also won two awards for Best New Director and Audience Prize, as well as being nominated for Best Actor.
To find out more information click here.
We are currently looking to hire a Director of Service to join our team in the Kuala Lumpur office.
Do you have 10 years Senior Manager experience?
Are you proficient in both written and spoken English?
5+ years experience in planning and managing IT infrastructure requirements?
If this sounds like you or someone you know, click here to find out more and how to apply today.
RIO Inventory Sage Live is an inventory solution that can be used for multiple warehouses.
Key features for Sage Live include:
- 100% native Salesforce app.
- Uses standard products.
- Inventory is recorded against warehouse locations.
- Inventory can be recorded in Batches.
- Inventory on hand and available visible at the product level.
- Products, Accounts or Transactions can have default warehouse location set.
- Low inventory threshold can be set per product. Reports show when products have low inventory.
RIO has been published to the Sage Marketplace and can be viewed here.
We are happy to announce that we are now proud partners with Sage. Sage is the market leader for integrated accounting, payroll and payment systems, supporting the ambition of the world’s entrepreneurs.
To learn more about Sage, Click Here.