Using Salesforce and wondering how RIO Inventory can help in the Food Production Industry? Look no further!
We have created a Demo exploring what RIO Inventory can do to help your business while exploring the Batch Feature!
Using RIO Inventory, “Acme Biscuits” can now track their food production in batch and dispatch stock based on earliest expiry date.
Click here to explore a Demo of how inventory can be Batched.
Already using Salesforce to manage your Sales and Marketing? You need to consider many business applications have a SAAS cloud offering which compliments Salesforce – why not consider putting your inventory management functions into the cloud as well?
I want to give you 4 good reasons why this should be a serious consideration for any business
- Save time for more important things
Most business owners are time poor, spending time on non-core functions takes away from time that could be spent on growing the business or servicing the customer. It makes sense to select best practice tools such as RIO inventory – and put the running of those tools in the cloud.
2. Get Better flexibility from your IT spend
A cloud-based inventory application like RIO inventory provides the flexibility for you to be able to react to business needs anywhere at anytime. Interfacing with your inventory on mobile devices means if something goes wrong you are only moments away from addressing.
3. Best practice Security
Security needs are regularly ranked as a high priority for all businesses. Building this capability from the ground up is costly and can be outdated quickly. Placing your inventory into the cloud using a tool like RIO inventory means you can benefit from best practice cloud-based security
4. Have better options on how you spend your IT budget
You obviously want performance which is stable and delivers predictable service. The traditional way of doing things means large amounts of your IT budgets it tied up just keeping the lights on. Consider moving away from owning and running infrastructure, and put functions like inventory management into the cloud. This will free up IT budget to either be saving on your bottom line or redeployed to help grow the business.
It’s slick, it’s fast, your users will love it but are you ready to make the jump from Salesforce Classic to the Lightning Experience?There are a few basic steps we can recommend before taking the leap. Firstly make sure you check your instance readiness – you need to be aware of elements such as custom components, Visualforce pages, and custom buttons. This is really important to ensure your transition to Lightning Experience is smooth and flawless.
How do I know what is ready and what’s not?
Salesforce offers you an excellent “Check Readiness” feature! Salesforce will generate a Readiness report which when run can be sent to your Email as well as saved in your Salesforce Files.
Running the check Readiness feature is very straightforward all you need to do is, navigate to Setup | Lightning Experience Migration Assistant | Get Started | Check Readiness | Check Readiness
Here are some of the items the readiness report checks for you
- Tabs, Objects and Related Lists – Such as Documents, Lookup filter, and Opportunity Partners
- Email templates
- Lookup filters
- Third Party Apps
Below are examples of the report results look like:
Results on Tabs, Objects, and Related Lists
Results on Standard/Custom Buttons/Links
So Salesforcers follow these steps and get yourself Lightning ready today!
Looking at developing a Dell Boomi Connector? here’s our tips to get you started:
- Understand what type of Web Services API the app is using. For example: REST or SOAP, etc. What about the supported document format? XML or JSON?
- Most applications have an authentication layer. Some authenticate using BasicAuth, some use an API Key in the HTTP Request Header, some use OATH. This information should ideally be captured in the Connector Connection. It is highly recommended to encode any password related field for security best practice.
- Decide the supported operations. Does the API support QUERY? UPDATE? CREATE?
- The browser and schema generation. A Boomi Connector is capable of generating the schema each operation supports. Some applications provide a metadata API that you can connect to and describe the schema on the fly. Some use a fixed schema.
- The final step is to design the Operation. When your Connector receives a response from the API, how do you want to process it? Serve it raw as is or does it need any further manipulation. Error handling should also be considered here.
The key enhancement in this release is the ability for users to customize Planner start and end times. Users will also be able to customize how many working hours appear on the planner in the “Planner Options” in the RIO Plan Configuration Page. Enhanced validation rules assist data integrity by enforcing enforcing more accurate time data in the planner. Nice!
Check out this Page for more details on how to use RIO Plan. Got some popcorn? watch all of our tutorial videos here.
Get the latest release of RIO Plan from the Appexchange.
Got new feature ideas that you think will benefit RIO Plan? Please email suggestions to firstname.lastname@example.org – any new suggestions implemented will receive a $50 Amazon voucher.
I have recently taken and passed the App Builder Certification, and wanted to share some of my experiences and some tips to help you achieve success.
As part of the WDCi group, most of our developers recommended that I start with App builder certification, as it gives a good basic knowledge of Salesforce and a solid foundation for your future learning and growth as a developer. As an added bonus, it’s a Certification which will help your company and yourself, be recognised by the Salesforce community worldwide.
Where to begin?
A comprehensive study guide can be downloaded from here . It will give you guidance on how to start preparing for the exam.
What did I do to Prepare?
Firstly having a supportive manager and senior technical consultants available who are understanding of your training needs is a real bonus.
While looking through the study guide, it was outlined the topics I needed to be prepared for. My personal methodology for preparing was to look at the weightings and decide my plan of attack for the topics that I knew I needed to study harder for.
Below is an example of the current format of App builder exam and the areas of most weighting
- Do’s and Don’ts / Tips and Tricks
- Do use trailhead to prepare and provide background information.
- Do use Salesforce Documentation to deepen your understanding of key concepts.
- Do use practice tests from a reliable source.
- Do use the “reviewing” option during the exam with difficult questions. I found this method made it easier to zip through easy questions and use any extra time at the end of the exam for the harder questions.
- Do allow yourself every opportunity to pass – Study hard and remain calm.
- Don’t attempt the exam without study – Allow up to 4-8 weeks of preparation before sitting an exam.
- Don’t rush – Remember to stay calm and carefully read through each and every question.
Wishing you all, best of luck with your exam.
The education industry has gone through significant changes over the past few years. To keep up with the changes, most of the registered training organisation (RTO) are adopting a more seamless student management process particularly using Salesforce as a tool to facilitate student sales and administration – one of the main areas is the student enrolment process.
RTOs require students to complete an enrolment form in order to collect the required data. Previously, students were required to complete either a Hard Copy Form or an Electronically provided enrolment form.
Problem: Traditional methods do not feed the required information directly into Salesforce. For the information to be processed into Salesforce, the user needed to complete a series of manual steps which caused cases of double handling and an inefficient time wastage.
So the great news for educators is that there is a solution which WDCi has extensively deployed which eliminates the need to be double handled. Our solution has been to use Visualforce to develop a working form that allows enrolling students information to be correctly collected and submitted correctly into Salesforce.
The solution which is a Salesforce Visualforce page can be sent directly from Salesforce using the “Send Email” feature or can be brought up on Site using a standard browsers.
Benefit to RTOs:
- Information is captured directly into Salesforce against the student records thus reducing double handling. For example having to transfer from Hard Copies.
- The Enrolment Form can be completed on desktops and mobile devices.
- Maintaining of courses can be performed directly in salesforce and shown live in enrolment form.
- Certain information captured can be used directly for mandatory reporting purposes e.g. AVETMISS (Only if reporting engine is setup in Salesforce instance).
Here’s our tip of the week for recognising the Salesforce ID in both Lightning Experience and Classic views.
You probably already know you can determine the ID of a record based on the URL when in Classic (a very cool trick when you want to navigate quickly). This is what a typical URL looks like in classic view (the bolded part is the ID):
For those who have just switched to Lightning view (Winter18) here’s how you can use the same technique in Lightning. You may have noticed that the URL looks a bit different in our new Lightning view (vs Classic) – if you look at the example below you can see the ID is still embedded between the final two “/”: