We’re thrilled to be invited by Sunny Coast Productions to sponsor their new SCRAP drama series. We see this as great way to promote our Sunshine Coast region and hopefully entice all you smart people out there to join our cloud software firm in Caloundra, yes you!, send us your applications to firstname.lastname@example.org. The SCRAP team will be pitching their idea at the Demo Day – Tourism, Sport and Leisure next week, good luck guys, you have a great concept! Confused? Checkout the teaser and you’ll get the idea.
Stramit Building Products, part of Fletcher Building is a major Australian manufacturer of roll-formed steel building products, including roof and wall cladding, guttering, fascia, purlins, flooring and structural formwork.
These products, along with complementary products and services, are delivered through a nationwide network of manufacturing and distribution centres, strategically located to ensure coverage of major metropolitan and regional markets.
Up to date project data is key to driving pipeline and focus. Prior to implementing this solution, Stramit was dealing with:
- 4 staff working full-time to parse BCI data manually
- Routing 1000-3000 projects a week to sales teams
- Information overload
- No ability to filter quality project data
- No ability to link architects and engineers to the multiple projects they are working with
Stramit, as a long-term user of the Salesforce platform, looked to Salesforce to be the application to host the BCI project data. A design was needed that enabled the data to be captured but also filtered and assigned to the correct parties within Stramit.
Stramit chose WDCi as the implementation partner to plan, customise and deploy the solution as well as make recommendations for tweaks in future releases. Together we designed and released a successful automation process that included the following key features:
- Integration between BCI and Salesforce
- Using Dell Boomi to automate the import of BCI project data
- Automations in Salesforce to filter this data and route filtered data to the right people
- Alerts and notifications based on the automations that filter the data
- Dashboards and reports to monitor the pipeline data
- Staff freed up to do more productive tasks
- Timeliness of information
- Staff are up to date on what they need to work on
Paul Hahn, National Sales Manager, noted that “This integration between BCI and Salesforce has enabled us to consume large quantities of data efficiently, driving the right activities in our team to grow our pipeline. WDCi has partnered with us to deliver a solution we understand and can tweak ourselves as we make adjustments to our business focus. It works brilliantly.”
It’s that time again, and as always we’re thrilled to sponsor another Caloundra Film Festival movie. This time it’s the French drama ‘A Bag of Marbles‘ – screening for one night only on August 22nd. Hope you can join us at the Caloundra Big Screen Cinema – check out the details here. Hope to see you there.
To sync email from Gmail to Salesforce, use the Lightning for Gmail feature. If you require to sync events from Google Calendar to Salesforce, you will be required to setup Lightning Sync.
See steps below.
This video will show the step by step to setup Lightning for Google – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6HHExMJIYOs
Note: Make sure you are using Google Enterprise & you are the admin of the enterprise account.
Lightning Sync for Google (Beta) –https://help.salesforce.com/articleView?id=lightning_sync_admin_google_overview.htm&type=0&language=en_US&release=206.15
What you need
The below links will need to be opened on your browser:
- Salesforce Setup
- Gmail Admin Console – Admin.google.com
- Google API Console – console.developers.google.com
Prepare Google Account
Step 1: Enable Google API
- Go to Google API Console > Create new project. (You can call it Lightning Sync)
- Enable Calendar API & Contact API:-
– Google App API > Calendar API > Enable
– Google App API > Contact API > Enable
- Click on Credential on right panel
– New Service Account
– Service Account Name – Company Name
– Role – Owner
– Key Type – JSON
Note: Keep the downloaded JSON file.
- Credential > Manage Service Account
– Company Name > Edit
– Enable Domain Y Delegation
– Configure Consent Screen > Fill in anything relevant. Leave optional blank if unsure.
Step 2: Setup Google Admin Console
- Go to Gmail Admin Console
- Click More Control > Security > Show More > Advance Setting > Manage API Client Access
– Client Name = Client ID (From Google API Service Account)
– One or More API Scope = https://www.googleapis.com/auth/calendar.readonly, https://www.googleapis.com/auth/contacts.readonly, https://www.google.com/m8/feeds > Authorize
Enable Lightning Sync in SF
- Go to Salesforce Setup >Quick Find > Lightning Sync Setup > Enable
- On the Upload Your Google Private Key section > Click Update > Upload JSON file
Note: Test connection using Connection Test: Fill in your user email. You will see success message once connected
- Setup sync setting
– Go to Setup > Quick Find > Sync Configuration
– Create New (You can name it Default)
– Configure Sync setting on the Data Setting section
- Check sync Status
– Go to Setup > Quick Find > Sync Status
Note: You can see summary of sync records here
Install Lightning for Gmail extension
- Go to this link – https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/salesforce-lightning-for/jjghhkepijgakdammjldcbnjehfkfmha
- Click Add To Chrome
- See this documentation for how to use – https://help.salesforce.com/articleView?id=lightning_for_gmail_user_overview.htm&type=0&language=en_US&release=208.18
With RIO Inventory you can now scan SKU and Serial Products with a Barcode Scanner. This is a great new future that will save you time managing your inventory levels.
Check out our documentation for details and an explanation on how it works. We have added a new ‘How to Use’ guide which can be found here.
Health is important for all humans and also for your IT system’s! Keeping your IT system’s healthy helps in sustaining a better business. For example, Salesforce being your company’s CRM system.
Keeping Salesforce healthy helps you access your customer information in a smother and safer environment.
As such, we’ve recently helped our customer to perform a health check against their existing Salesforce instance which have operated for at least 3 years.
Some of the highlights of the health check scope includes:
- Salesforce very own security health check
- Scanning apex code/s within the Salesforce instance
- Monitor Salesforce API request limit
- And much more
It is recommended to health check your system at least on a yearly basis, similar to your yearly body checkup as well.
If you value your Salesforce instance as much as you value your own health, feel free to contact us for help you with your Salesforce health check.