StorageCraft required a custom solution to integrate their unique sales and distribution model in Salesforce to their Quickbooks accounting package.
They knew their requirements didn’t fit anything out-of-the-box but they didn’t want a complex project with a matching price tag either.
The solution provided for the automatic sync of Products and Accounts plus Invoice creation from Opportunities.
This rapid solution has freed them up from hours of manual processing. For more details check out the case study.
Thanks to Richard, Claire and the StorageCraft team for working with us to make this a success.
Hear Amrith Nambiar from Mindjet talk about running integration in a 100% cloud environment and Bill Vanderwall from Scientific Learning on integrating in a hybrid cloud and on-premise environment:
Some interesting take aways:
- Nate Bride talks about the Boomi community approach and gives a plug to the WDCi built JIRA connector that is available via the Boomi public atomsphere – thanks Nate.
- Bill talks about selecting Boomi over Cast Iron due to the user interface but most importantly due to the Total Cost of Ownership – Boomi is more affordable.
- Both Bill and Amrith talk about the complexity of bidirectional integration of data, ie which system is the master and how to ensure data integrity in this model.
- Amrith’s 4 keys to success:
- Focus on the business process.
- Limit your scope to only what systems are needed for your first project.
- Get the right partner (thanks Amrith).
- Accept that the interfaces/integration processes will be tuned over time - don’t expect to build out everything in the first phase if you have complex or dependent business processes.
- Amrith mentions the custom reporting and error handling infrastructure we have put in place to enable Mindjet to check and validate synchronised data between Salesforce and Netsuite.
- At the end of the recording, you can hear Walter Dewildt from WDCi answer a question on how to decide if you should push volumes of data to your target application or simply expose data in the source and retrieve as necessary.
Want to know more, check out the Mindjet case study http://www.boomi.com/customers/success/standardizing-back-office-application-integrations-minimal-it-support
You’ve probably read the news re Dell acquires Boomi.
Big congratulations to the Boomi guys and we look forward to a new era in SaaS integration. More news to come, in the meantime it’s business as usual for us and our customers.
Time to move as we grow our team in KL.
We have moved to a new office in Cyberjaya in the MDEC SME Building 1. Here’s a photo of the outside of the office, nice hey:
We recently had the opportunity to work with Mindjet and deliver their Netsuite-Salesforce integration using the Boomi Atomsphere platform.
It was a grueling task with a large data migration effort as well as several bidirectional integration processes due in a very short time frame (5 weeks). Since completing the project we’ve gone on to implement a robust support and monitoring system to enable us and Mindjet to easily monitor and manage their integrations anytime, anywhere.
There’s some more detail in the Boomi blog, it was a big team effort with a dedicated customer that knew their business processes well and a platform that’s perfect for SaaS integration – thanks everyone, it’s time for pina coladas all round.
We have vacancies for consultants to join our Kuala Lumpur team. The roles will be primarily focused on Data Migration and Data Integration. There also exists the opportunity for the right individual(s) to expand their knowledge in the SSO and Identity Management area if they are interested.
WDCi has 3 main areas of expertise:
- Data Migration
- Data Integration – with specialist expertise in SaaS integration
- SSO and Identity Management – with a focus on SaaS SSO
Design, Develop and Support Integration solutions built on the leading SaaS integration platform Boomi Atomsphere. Design and build data migration, ETL and integration solutions using the leading open source integration tool – Talend.
- Design: 10%
- Development: 40%
- Implementation: 20%
- Support: 30%
- Ability to work with remote team members.
- Flexible approach to work breakdown, can do what needs to be done on the day.
- Ability to work remotely with customers.
- Highly motivated to improve self knowledge and team knowledge.
- Good attention to detail.
- The ability to work in a rapid environment, while maintaining a high standard of delivery and communication – our mantra is “rapid but not reckless”.
The good stuff:
- You will work with a team that values respect and enjoys their customer involvement and the projects they work on. We’re here for the long haul and we want you to enjoy the journey with us.
- Gain exposure to SaaS technologies, including salesforce.com, Netsuite, RightNow, Sugar, JIRA Studio, Accept 360 – and the list goes on.
- Help us to expand our suite of packaged integrations.
- Learn to build Connectors for Boomi and Talend.
You will need to have the following:
- Background in data migration or data integration.
- Experience with either ETL tools or data integration tools.
- The ability to understand and extract customer use-cases for integration.
- Experience with customer support.
Interested? Send us your details to email@example.com.
Time to blow our trumpet and party (briefly) before we get on with it.
Happy birthday to the WDCi team. 2 years old, 50+ global customers and the opportunity to work with some really great people.
Thanks to the team, and more importantly thanks to our customers for making it all happen and laughing with us along the way.
In our attempt to rival Universal Studios, we’ve been at it again, creating videos of some of our ReadyMade integration solutions. Check out our latest video on how easy it is to integrate Salesforce & MYOB.
Want to know more about how to get Salesforce & MYOB talking? contact us or check out our other MYOB demos and information on our website.
Ping Identity allows you to universally login to your SaaS applications, using Salesforce as your user identity store.
No need to install, configure, manage, maintain and backup a local Active Directory or LDAP user store if you don’t want to, just have Salesforce manage the user identities.
What does this mean?
- You can use Salesforce as your source of user information and login credentials for your other SaaS and Internet applications.
- Users login to the Salesforce portal, then directly access their other Internet-based applications by simply clicking a link.
- No further authentication is required, minimizing login failures and password resets.
Our CTO (Walter Dewildt) captures the benefits well – “”With Ping Identity’s Universal Login, Salesforce becomes the hosted identity provider, reducing license, infrastructure and ongoing maintenance costs of traditional identity stores, while leveraging the Salesforce platform’s reliability and security.”
Check out the full press release here.
Enviren implements the WDCi ReadyMade Salesforce-Saasu integration solution, built on the Boomi platform. For more details check out the case study.