Stop by our booth and say hello http://www.salesforce.com/au/cloudforce/.
Maybe you are thinking, what’s so hard, I just dump the data out of system 1 and insert it into system 2, maybe, maybe not.
How long will it take to migrate your data from one or more systems to another system?
It really depends on a few factors:
- How easy it is to export data from the source system(s)?
- How easily data can be imported into the destination system(s)?
- The volume of data.
- The number of objects and fields involved.
- Do you need to transform the data before importing into the new system? and if so, how complex is the transformation?
- Are their data dependencies, ie object 1 must be created before uploading object 2?
- Do you need a data cleansing exercise to remove/fix bad data and merge duplicates?
- If you need to clean the data, should it be loaded into an intermediary data store to make that process easier.
The quality of your data is a really important factor in how long the whole process will take.
Ever thought of how you can achieve the following:
- Login to Salesforce with your LDAP or Active Directory credentials?
- share the same login credentials with all your SaaS applications?
- have the flexibility to provision/de-provision users ?
With Ping Identity, all this is possible. You can configure your LDAP or Active Directory as the identity store and your users can authenticate using their credentials in your company directory.
Besides Salesforce, PingIdentity’s PingConnect and PingFederate can authenticate to more than 60 SaaS applications. Anything that’s SAML capable will work with PingConnect. If the app isn’t SAML capable, no problem, just use PingFederate.
Another interesting feature that makes Ping Identity the unique player in the market is the user provisioning feature. You can easily activate or deactivate a user in just a few clicks.
Contact us to find out how we can make your life easier!